Monday 24 January 2011

S194 - EMA

I finally submitted my EMA on 14th January. I have to say that parts of it were quite challenging and needed some good thinking and research. But it was generally very enjoyable. In fact, having read through the S194 forum I can see that a number of people have found it interesting and challenging - sometimes very challenging - and a number are going for the April submission.

So, now this course is finished and, more or less, out of the way, what did I actually think of it? Well, it's the first OU Short Course that I have done, and wasn't really part of my degree plans, but I have to say that I thought it really great - and as you may know, I am going to do some more short courses later. Apart from the forums, you are pretty much on your own. So you just read, understand, try things out, research a bit (books and web). Think some more, write some notes, write more notes, change your mind, change it again. And gradually it all falls into place. It was a great introduction into a topic(s) that was fairly new to me. The problem now is that I feel that I want to pursue this astronomy lark even further - but I must stay focussed on the current degree plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment