Sunday 19 September 2010

S194 - Astronomy Newbie

I recently signed up for S194 "Introducing Astronomy" with the Open University. I had a two year break from my degree studies and am using S194 as a gentle way back. Although I count my self a 'newbie' when it comes to astronomy, it's been something that fascinated me since I was a kid - I can even name a few constellations, list the order of the planets and so on. Not really astronomy but just reeling off lists of half-remembered facts. So I am looking forwards to a more serious approach to the subject, to a better understanding of the universe.

And on the journey I'm hoping to prove Frank Zappa wrong - unless I really screw up in which case I'll prove him to be right.

If anyone is interested, I do have a blog of my general Open University studies - a blog that I have kept for 4 years or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment